The following Erie Community College students were honored by SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher with the prestigious 2011 SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence at a ceremony April 5 at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany:
- Nicole Andress of Cheektowaga, social science, North Campus
- Patricia Carr of Buffalo, social science, City Campus
- Arker Joseph of Buffalo, general studies, City Campus
- James Kilmer Jr., Clarence, business administration, North Campus
- Cary Meehan of Cheektowaga, social science, City Campus
- Rhiannon Starks of Collins, general studies, South Campus
- Jarrell Sullins of Buffalo, architectural technology, South Campus
- David Trabucco of Clarence, mathematics, North Campus
- Amy Watson of Buffalo, general studies, City Campus
The students will also be honored at ECC's annual commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at Buffalo State College, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo.
The SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence recognizes students who have integrated academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, including leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts, entrepreneurship and career achievement.
Erie Community College meets the needs of a diverse student body and contributes to regional economic vitality by providing excellent, flexible, affordable and accessible educational programs in a multi-campus environment committed to continuous improvement.