The following Erie Community College students have been awarded the prestigious 2010 SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence:
- Bryan Chaput of Amherst, Business Administration and General Studies, North Campus
- Austin Dodge of North Tonawanda, Physical Education, North Campus
- Belinda Hernon of Blasdell, Communication and Media Arts, South Campus
- Morgan Morningstar of Buffalo, Social Science, City Campus
- Sherry Schlenker of Buffalo, Business Administration, City Campus
- Justin Wisnouskas of East Amherst, Communication and Media Arts, South Campus
They will be honored at an awards ceremony in April at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany.
The students will also be honored at ECC's annual commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at Kleinhans Music Hall, 1 Symphony Circle, Buffalo.
The SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence recognizes students who have integrated academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, including leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts, entrepreneurship and career achievement.
Erie Community College meets the needs of a diverse student body and contributes to regional economic vitality by providing excellent, flexible, affordable and accessible educational programs in a multi-campus environment committed to continuous improvement.