The Erie Community College Foundation Board of Directors recently elected new members to serve three-year terms. The new members are: Dennis Elsenbeck, Regional Executive for National Grid; Brent Rossi, Vice President of Marketing and Branding for the Buffalo Sabres; and Gregory Miller, Assistant Attorney General, the New York State Attorney General's Office.
The board also elected the following directors as its officers for 2012/13:
- Chairman: Mark Martin, Vice President, M&T Bank
- Vice Chair: Rick Mason, President, Willis Corporation
- Treasurer: Robert Pollock, Partner, Dopkins & Co.
- Secretary: Anthony Picone, Sr., President, Picone Construction Corp
- Vice President: Susan Swarts, Community Volunteer
- Vice President: William Basile, Vice President, Independent Health Association
- Immediate Past Chair: Cynthia Schwartz, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
The Erie Community College Foundation raises funds for scholarships, capital projects, faculty enrichment programs and innovative educational and workforce development initiatives. The Foundation also supports alumni and former students through special events, reunions and professional development.
* * *
Since 1946, Erie Community College has met the needs of a diverse student body while contributing to the economic vitality of Western New York. As a member of the state's SUNY system, the three-campus college provides flexible, affordable and accessible educational programs in an accommodating academic environment. Equipped with the knowledge of these programs, ECC's faculty, staff and students strive to enrich their host communities through skill, service and partnership.