The Erie Community College Athletics Hall of Fame Selection Committee is soliciting nominations for the 2012 induction class, which will be honored during the upcoming induction ceremony May 3.
All nominations are forwarded to the Hall of Fame selection committee for discussion and consideration. Once statistical and biographical information is verified, the balloting process begins. Induction into the Hall of Fame is based on the following criteria:
- To be eligible for membership in the Athletic Hall of Fame, potential nominees must have:
- As an athlete: Successfully completed one full season in a given sport and either have graduated from Erie Community College or transferred to a four-year college or university where he/she received a bachelor's degree.
- As a team: Compiled a significant record or accomplishment (new category).
- As a coach: Compiled a significant winning record while supporting the educational programs of the college and contributing to the future success, either in college or employment, of the athletes who compete under his/her leadership.
- As an associate member, administrator or in another capacity: Made special contributions to the support, growth, popularity and/or community acceptance of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- To be eligible for consideration as an athlete or team, the nominee must have been disassociated with the college by virtue of graduation or transfer to another institution of higher education for at least five (5) years. There is no timeframe for disassociation for coach, associate member or administrator nominees to be eligible for Hall of Fame
The 2010 class was coach Gary Rost, Robb Vogtli (baseball) and Sue Devlin (XC & Track and Field).