2008 ISS Winter Conference for High School Students
ECC partnering with SUNY at Buffalo on National Science Foundation DUE/ATE Grant # 0402388 has developed a set of student Conferences specifically designed to target potential future students in Information Systems Security Education, with the idea that this knowledge will be used by high school students to help them become more knowledgeable in selecting a career path. The conference will include snacks (pizza and pop). Students who complete the conference (both parts) will be given a Certificate and a small stipend ($75.00).
ISS Winter Conference - Part 1 Lecture, Lab and Snacks
- Overview of computer security
- Overview of ECC's Portable Education Network (PEN)
- Security Training at ECC
- Why Information Security is one of the hottest jobs today!
- Who is really sending you that email
- Hands-on lab session
ISS Winter Conference - Part 2
Roundtable Question and Answer with Security Professionals
- Mr. Mike Mineo, AVP Information Technology Security/HIPAA Security Officer , Roswell Park Institute ; Health Care
- Mr Carl Cadregari , Manager, Management Advisory Services, Bonadio Group; Auditing
- Mr. Wes Young, Network Security Analyst, SUNYat Buffalo; Academic
- Mr. John Walp, VP & Network Security Solutions Mgr, M &T Bank; Banking
- Mr. Joseph Ondercin, Special Agent, FBI; Law Enforcement