Admissions and Registration
Home  >  Admissions and Registration  >  Transfer Students  >  Transfer Counseling  

Transfer Counselors

Students planning to further their education beyond their associate degree can benefit from transfer counseling. Students who are interested in transferring should set up an appointment with a transfer counselor (walk-ins are welcomed) in the Student Support Service Center to learn about transfer options and various articulation and dual admissions agreements. The transfer counselor will discuss various options and the colleges or universities that offer particular majors. Counselors will provide additional information in order to assist students in making an informed decision.


Students who currently attend ECC are given an opportunity to schedule an appointment to meet with a college representative from the surrounding areas in WNY. These are one-on-one meetings to enable students to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, curriculum requirements and application deadline/status. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment one or two semesters prior to graduation to inquire about specific program requirements. To check the dates and sign up to meet with a counselor-in-residence, please contact the Student Support Service Center at your campus or complete the Appointment Request Form.

Transfer Guide to Meeting

When meeting with a counselor-in-residence, you should have a current student copy of your transcript (obtained at the Registrar Office) and a list of prepared questions available to ensure you maximize your visit. You may use the following questions to draw from:

Admission Requirements

  • What GPA is required for acceptance into your school and my program of study?
  • What overall GPA and program GPA are needed to obtain a degree in my program of study?
  • What are the application deadlines for your institution and for my program of study?
  • What is the total number of credits that your institution will accept?


  • What specific general education, core or general elective courses are needed?
  • Are there any other courses I can complete at ECC that will meet program requirements?
  • What specific courses should I take before transferring?
  • What internships or co-ops are available as part of your program?
  • What are your popular/unique programs?
  • What is the average size of your classes?


  • How much is your tuition?
  • What transfer scholarships does your school offer?
  • Can I get a mock financial aid package prior to admissions?
  • What type of housing is available for transfer students?

Transfer Counselors

For those graduating students who wish to transfer to other colleges and universities, transfer counselors are available to help you. Please stop by or call the following counselors at each campus:

City Campus
Viola Quaye
Room 130
(716) 851-1188

North Campus
Verlaine Quinney
Room S-210
(716) 851-1488

South Campus
Mark Mazzone
Room 5206N
(716) 851-1688


Did You Know?

A significant number of courses have been renumbered as part of the State University of New York's policies which promote student mobility, through transfer of academic credit, to other SUNY institutions. All courses should be numbered at the 100-200 levels. The Listing Reference contains both the old and new numbers which should aid students in their choice of courses.


For emergency closings and announcements, call 716-851-1111. © 2010 Erie Community College. All rights reserved.