Financial Aid
Home  >  Financial Aid  >  Apply for Aid  

General Financial Aid Information

Federal Code: 010684
TAP Code: 2065

Matriculation: To receive aid (including loans), a student must be matriculated in a degree or certificate program. If a student is not matriculated, NO financial aid will be processed, and the student will be liable for all tuition and fees. (NOTE: For an explanation of matriculation, see "General Information on Admissions Policies" in the Admissions section of the college catalog.)

Academic Eligibility: To continue receiving aid (including loans), a student must be in "good academic standing," meeting the standards set for a particular aid program. (Note: Charts regarding the standards for Title IV Federal Aid Programs and New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) are included in the sections pertaining to these programs.)

Accuracy and Truthfulness: Students applying for financial assistance must present an accurate picture of their financial situation, including asset and income information.

Transfer Students: A student transferring to ECC mid-year must notify the New York State TAP program of the change in school. This can be accomplished in the Financial Aid Office (where the school code can be electronically changed for the student), by filing a TAP Change Form, or by changing the school code online at The TAP school code for all three campuses is 2065.

Financial Need: Eligibility for campus-based aid (FSEOG and Work-Study) and the subsidized Stafford Student Loan Program is based on need. Need is defined as the difference between the cost of education and the family's ability to pay. A family's ability to pay is based on a number of factors: annual income, assets and debts, household size, number in college, etc. A standard formula (established by law) calculates the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is used in the Needs Analysis process.

Course or College Withdrawals: Withdrawing from one course or all coursework may affect a student's federal and state financial aid package for the subsequent semester. A pamphlet on Academic Requirements for Financial Aid is available in the Financial Aid Office. Students who completely withdraw from college during a semester will have to return a portion of their federal Title IV aid if they withdraw prior to completing 60 percent of the semester. See section on "Return of Title IV Funds" in the catalog.


For emergency closings and announcements, call 716-851-1111. © 2010 Erie Community College. All rights reserved.