Workforce Investment Act Grants
If you don't have the skills necessary to secure sustainable employment you may be eligible for training services through:
- On-the-Job Training (OJT);
- Group-based training in special-high demand areas; or
- Individual Training Account (ITA) grants.
Training grants are approved based on eligibility guidelines, the strength of the application, feasibility of the training plan, and availability of funds. Interested Erie County residents should attend an Orientation to One Stop Services to learn more about career development services at one of Erie County's full-service One Stops:
- The Erie Community College One Stop Center, Gleasner Hall, Room 166, 6205 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221, Phone: 716.270.4444; http://www.ecc.edu/workforce
- The Buffalo Employment and Training Center, 77 Goodell Street, Buffalo, NY 14202. Phone: 716.856.5627; www.workforcebuffalo.org
Veterans Come First! The ECC One Stop is proud to offer Priority of Service for Veterans and their eligible spouses. What does this mean? If you served in the military you will be:
- Served first by the next available staff member.
- Given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified.