We would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice. For privacy information for individuals within the European Union, see the SUNY GDPR privacy notice.
I accept cookies from this site.

Federal Aid Programs

  • Federal Aid Programs

    Am I eligible for Federal Aid (Grants, Work Study and Loans)?

    To have your eligibility determined, you must first complete the FAFSA application located at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Presently, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA application cannot be used in the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 forms. To fill out a FAFSA, you will need to manually input your tax information instead of using the tool. Remember, if you’re filling out the 2017–2018 FAFSA form, use your 2015 tax information is required, not 2016.  Erie Community College’s school code is 010684.


    Grants are often referred to as "gift aid" because they are free money that does not have to be repaid. Almost all grants are awarded to students with financial need. For information about Federal Grants, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships.

    Work Study

    Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study and is available to full-time or part-time students. For further information on this program, please go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/work-study.


    Student loans, unlike grants and work-study, are borrowed money that must be repaid, with interest. If you decide to take out a loan, you should understand the terms and conditions of the loan. Student loans can come from either the federal government or from private sources such as banks and lending institutions. Loans from the federal government, called federal student loans, usually offer borrowers lower interest rates and flexible repayment options. To learn more about federal student loans, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized.

  • Need Help?

    Financial Aid - Visit Us

    City Campus
    Student Support Center - Room O102A
    45 Oak Street
    Buffalo, NY 14203
    M8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    Tu-Th8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    Fri8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
    North Campus
    Spring Student Center - Room S201
    6205 Main Street
    Williamsville, NY 14221
    M, W, Th, and F8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    Tu8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    South Campus
    Building 5 - Room 5206
    4041 Southwestern Blvd.
    Orchard Park, NY 14127
    M, Tu, Th, and F8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    W8 a.m. - 6 p.m.