Veterans Achievement Medal
The SUNY ERIE Veterans Achievement Medal shall be awarded to one graduate at the college’s Annual Commencement ceremony.
This prestigious award recognizes an outstanding Veteran of the graduating class who, through their talents and resources, has demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Documented Service in the United States Military with Honorable Discharge on a DD214
or Satisfactory Drilling Status for Active Duty and Reserve Component.
- Academic Achievement measured by grade point average, rank in class and other scholarly
- Co-Curriculum Activity measured by level of involvement and/or leadership in clubs/organizations.
- Citizenship/Community Service measured by the quality, relevance and impact of their efforts.
Other Award Criteria:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Potential for future achievement
- Submission of three (3) letters of recommendation (one each from a faculty member,
club/organization advisor or personal reference)
- A 300-500 word essay on "How Has Being A Student Veteran Contributed to My Success"
- Nomination forms may be obtained from any Veterans Office at North, South or City campus.
- Students may be nominated by an ECC faculty member, department chair, administrator or a Dean of Students; students may self-nominate.