SUNY Erie’s 2021 Virtual Commencement will be streamed via the College’s YouTube site on Thursday, May 6 beginning at 6:30 PM.
SUNY Erie Board of Trustees Chairwoman Danise Wilson will serve as this year’s Master of Ceremonies with remarks from Interim President Bill Reuter, Senator Charles Schumer, Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul, SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras, and County Executive Mark Poloncarz. Our annual student awards winners will be recognized, and our graduates will be recognized alphabetically by semester of graduation and academic division.
2021 Virtual Commencement
- Welcome: Danise Wilson, Chairwoman, SUNY Erie Board of Trustees
- A Message from our President: William Reuter, Interim President, SUNY Erie
- Special Messages:
- Hon. Charles Schumer, U.S. Senator
- Hon. Kathleen Hochul, New York State Lieutenant Governor
- Hon. Mark Poloncarz, Erie County Executive
- Dr. James Malatras, SUNY Chancellor
- Student Awards:
- Dr. Douglas Scheidt, Provost and Executive Vice President, SUNY Erie
- Mr. William Reuter, Interim President, SUNY Erie
- Presentation of the Graduating Class of 2021
- Closing Remarks: Danise Wilson, Chairwoman, SUNY Erie Board of Trustees
Congratulations to our Graduating Class of 2021! We look forward to celebrating your
Applying for Graduation
We are currently accepting graduation applications for the Spring 2021 semester. Please note that upon completion of your program you will not be eligible for additional Financial Aid unless you are accepted to a new degree/certificate program. To apply for graduation please follow the steps below.
1. Meet with your Advisor
Before you apply for graduation, you must meet with your advisor/department and review your Degree Audit to ensure you meet all graduation requirements.
2. Complete your Graduation Application Online
3. Commencement 2021
Commencement 2021 will be held virtually on May 6, 2021.
4. Contact Career Services
The Career Services department is available to assist you with writing a resume, cover letter and with your job search process. We encourage all graduates to create an account with Purple Briefcase to view job openings and upcoming career events.
5. Transferring to a 4-year College or University?
Counselors are available to speak with students regarding their transfer plans. Ask about our Transfer Fairs and our Counselor in Residence Days, where you can meet one-on-one with a four-year college representative on campus.