Tuition Installment Plan (TIP)
TIP is a sensible alternative to meet the cost of tuition and fees for the academic year. The family budget can be stabilized by paying the annual college cost over a 10-month period for the Fall and Spring semesters. Separate payment plans are available for other semesters as described below.
The Affordable Alternative
- Avoid lump sum payments due at the beginning of each school term.
- The convenience of monthly statements.
- Knowledgeable, experienced customer service staff to answer any questions you may have.
- This service is provided with no interest charges.
- TIP is not a loan program - there are no interest or finance charges. You make four regularly scheduled payments over a period of 5 months for the Fall and Spring terms.
- "Pay as you go" on a monthly basis.
- Reduce your reliance on borrowing.
- Avoid the need to withdraw savings or other assets.
Procedures for Enrollment
- Determine the amount you will need to budget for the full school year by using the worksheet provided.
- Enter the amount which you are budgeting for each term and divide by 4. This is your monthly payment.
- Mail the tuition installment plan application along with the $75 enrollment fee and your first payment by the due date. For assistance, call Erie Community College at (716) 851-1888, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Note: TIP Application MUST be submitted for enrollment in plan.
Once You've Enrolled
- We will mail you monthly statements as a reminder.
- Payment is due the 20th of each month regardless of receipt of statement (address changes must be submitted to campus Registrar's Office).
- You can always pay early, you can always make additional payments, or you can pay an additional amount to help reduce later payments.
Terms and Conditions
- The $75 enrollment fee per semester is non-refundable.
- Applications will only be accepted if properly completed and accompanied by the application fee and any required payments.
- Refunds of monies paid to TIP, except the non-refundable enrollment fee, will be handled according to the college's refund polity.
- There will be an administrative charge of $45 if a check is returned for insufficient/uncollected funds.
- The College will assess a late payment fee of $10 for each payment not made in accordance with the established payment schedule and reserves the right not to offer TIP privileges in cases where students have not paid according to their payment schedule.
- The payment plan cannot be used to pay a past due balance.
A TIP Application Form, Payment Schedule, and Worksheet is available online or by calling (716) 851-1888.